Sunday, December 14, 2008

Shred-mania






Step 1: Put on leggings.
Step 2: Station yourself in front of a mirror.
Step 3: Cut straight lines very close together. Line them up along the side of your leg. Sometimes it helps to cut a few tiny little holes on the outside of one leg for alignment's sake. Cut the line, then adjust the straightness of the lines after you've cut a few.
4: Fiesta!

Most importantly, be careful! I found that the best way to get the cuts exactly how you want them is to do it while you're wearing the leggings (although that could just be me being my crazy self). Also, nice fabric scissors help. My black Gingher scissors are my babies--according to my old sewing teacher, it's vital to have scissors that cut fabric and fabric only. Interesting.

I also shredded one of my boyfriend's old t-shirts in the style that's been making it's way around the blogosphere courtesy of childhood flames.


Is it weird that I have a garment rack in my bathroom?

In other news....
WINTER BREAK! YESSSSSSSS.

Here is a gratuitous (and rather large) Christmas image for no real reason:

8 comments:

Vera said...

Good job on the shirt and the tights!! I guess you're running out of close space, babe! I've added you to my blogroll :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Thank you for adding me to your links(I will do the same).And I love the T-shirt and the leggings. Which I will try to do.

Unknown said...

omg those pants turned out fabulous! brilliant!

TheMinx said...

I love what you've done to the leggings, I've never seen ones cut in lines so close together. And the hello kitty ice skater is just perfect.

AusAnna said...

the shirt is so great, it looks like it was really difficult to perfect. love it. happy christmas :)

What is Reality Anyway? said...

the DIY pants are amazing! x

Lauren Goddard said...

I love these leggings!

x x x

gracey said...

No, it's not weird but why a garment rack in your bathroom?